Welcome to IGNOU MPhil / PhD Admission January 2013 section of myignou.in. Here you will find complete details about IGNOU MPhil / PhD Admission including programs offered, General Eligibility Criteria and Selection Procedure and Schedules of Admission.
- Research Programs On Offer
- Eligibility Criteria and Selection Procedure
- Program Fee
- Program Duration
- Admission Schedules
- Procedure for Application
- Venue of Entrance Examination
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) announces admission to Research Degree Programmes in the Disciplines listed herein for January 2013 Cycle:
Research Programmes on offer: January 2013 Cycle
|Sl.No.||Name of the School||Discipline|
|1.||School of Agriculture (SOA)||(i) Agriculture Extension (PhD) |
(ii) Dairy Science and Technology (PhD)
|2.||School of Continuing Education (SOCE)||(i) Child Development (PhD) |
(ii) Nutritional Sciences (PhD)
|3.||School of Computer and Information Sciences (SOCIS)||Computer Science (PhD)|
|4.||School of Education (SOE)||Education (PhD)|
|5.||School of Engineering and Technology (SOET)||(i) Mechanical Engineering (PhD) |
(ii) Civil Engineering (PhD)
|6.||School of Gender and Development Studies (SOGDS)||(i) Gender and Development Studies (PhD) |
(ii) Women’s Studies (PhD)
|7.||School of Humanities (SOH)||(i) English (PhD) |
(ii) Hindi (PhD)
|8.||School of Health Sciences (SOHS)||Nursing (PhD)|
|9.||School of Inter-disciplinary and Trans-disciplinary (SOITS)||(i) Inter-Disciplinary and |
Trans-disciplinary Studies (PhD)
|10.||School of Management Studies (SOMS)||(i) Commerce (PhD) |
(ii) Management (PhD)
|11.||School of Sciences (SOS)||(i) Physics (PhD) |
(ii) Chemistry (PhD)
(iii) Life Sciences (PhD)
(iv) Geology (PhD)
(v) Bio-Chemistry (PhD)
(vi) Geography (PhD)
|12.||School of Translation Studies and Training (SOTST)||Translation Studies (MPhil & PhD)|
|13.||School of Tourism and Hospitality Services Management (SOTHSM)||Tourism and Hospitality (PhD)|
|14.||Staff Training and Research Institute of Distance Education (STRIDE)||Distance Education (MPhil & PhD)|
|15.||School of Vocational Education and Training (SOVET)||Vocational Education and Training (PhD)|
Candidates are advised to carefully read the eligibility details before applying.
General Eligibility Criteria and Selection Procedure
A candidate is eligible for Admission and Registration in the MPhil/PhD Programme provided he/she has qualified:
(a) For the award of Master’s Degree of any recognized University/other qualification recognized as equivalent thereto in such fields of study as are notified for the purpose from time to time by the University. The minimum qualifying marks are 55% at Post Graduation level (50% in case of reserved categories), and
(b) In the Entrance Examination conducted by the University at the national level on the pattern of UGC/CSIR.
However, candidates holding MPhil degree or those candidates who have cleared JEST of DAE or UGC-NET or GATE of IIT or those having at least five years of related Teaching/Practical/Industry/Professional experience as validated by the respective Disciplinesmay be exempted from appearing in the Entrance Examination.
N. B.: Additional eligibility conditions have been prescribed by individual Disciplines. Candidates are advised to refer these details in the links given in the Table above.
The PhD Program Fee is Rs. 7,000/- per annum for 2 years. MPhil candidates are to pay one-time fee of Rs. 10,500/- which is inclusive of the Course Fee. Individual Disciplines may assign course work for PhD candidates for which additional fee may be charged (The fee as stated above is subject to revision as decided by the University from time-to-time).
The maximum durations of the PhD Program and the MPhil program are 5 years and 4 years respectively.
- Last date for receipt of filled-in Application in the Research Unit, IGNOU : 7th SEPT. 2012
- Display of list of eligible candidates for Entrance Test/Presentations : 17th SEPT. 2012
- Entrance Examination : 29th SEPTEMBER 2012
- Interviews/Presentations to be informed by the Discipline
- Issue of Offer Letters to selected candidates : 25th DECEMBER 2012
Procedure for Application
Candidates fulfilling eligibility criteria in the respective Disciplines may download the soft copy of the Application Form from the our website and submit the filled in Form along with the following:
- DD for Rs. 750/- drawn in favor of IGNOU payable at New Delhi;
- Attested copies of Certificates in support of Educational Qualifications and Experience (wherever applicable);
- Attested copy of Certificate in support of Reserved Category; and
- Research Proposal, wherever applicable.
Applications along with the above documents should be sent by post or by hand to:
RESEARCH UNIT, BLOCK-6,
IGNOU, MAIDAN GARHI,
NEW DELHI-110 068
Last date for receipt of Application Form is 7th SEPTEMBER 2012.
Note: Applications received prior to 6th August 2012 and after 7th September 2012 or those which do not pertain to the Disciplines on offer will not be entertained.
The venue of the Entrance Examination on 29th September, 2012 is:
The venue of the Entrance Examination
NEW CLASS ROOM BLOCKS-1 & 2
INDIRA GANDHI NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY
Entrance Exam will be held from 11.00-14.00 hrs.
- Candidates fulfilling eligibility for Entrance Examination are strongly advised to arrange, in advance, their travel to Delhi for Entrance Examination on 29th September, 2012.
- While all efforts will be made by us to send timely information to incumbents for the Entrance Examination, the University will not owe any liability for delayed communication and consequent difficulty in arranging travel to Delhi for the Entrance Examination.
- For further queries applicants may contact the Research Unit on the Telephone Numbers given below:
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : (O) 011-29534326, 29571523/1525