Welcome to M.Ed section of our site! Here you will find all the details regarding admission to IGNOU M.Ed Program including admission procedure, eligibility, fees and last dates.
M.Ed is a two-year professional program, designed and developed jointly by the Distance Education Council (DEC), IGNOU and National Council of Teacher Education (NCTE). The main purpose of this program is to prepare teacher educators and educational administrators/managers to develop a global as well as a national vision for education in the modern concept of the 21st century, acquainting them with the state-of-the art technology applicable in the practice of education. Further, it seeks to prepare educational experts capable of generating knowledge by the application of scientific method of inquiry or investigation, and to develop a critical mind which can sense gaps in knowledge and find solutions to problems relating to the theory and practice of education. It further seeks to widen the horizon of teachers/ educational administrators and to enable them to obtain an international perspective in education.
The program is offered to:
- In-service graduate/postgraduate teachers with B.Ed. degree working in primary, secondary or senior secondary schools/colleges/equivalent academic positions in DIETs, SCERTs, or similar educational institutions.
- Headmasters/Principals and educational administrators/functionaries with B.Ed. degree.
- B.Ed. with fifty five percent marks. Two years teaching/professional experience after completion of B.Ed program in a Government/Government recognized school/NCTE recognized teacher education/research institution in education.
- The reservation for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer) and other categories shall be as per the rules of the Central Government/State Government, whichever is applicable. There shall be relaxation of 5% marks in favor of SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer) and other categories of candidates.
The Program fee is Rs.36, 000/- for the entire program of two years. The total fee is to be paid at the time of admission. Candidates seeking admission to the M.Ed. program are advised not to pay the fee along with the filled-in application form. They will get a separate communication about their admission and payment of fee.
- Minimum Duration: 2 Years
- Maximum Duration: 4 Years
- Minimum Age: No bar
- Maximum Age: No bar
- Application Cost: Rs.500/-
- Last Date to submit filled in application form to the concerned regional center: 15th July, 2012